My name is Michael Rizk, I am a Lifestyle and Performance Catalyst. My background is in personal training, massage therapy, chain reaction biomechanics, life coaching and I’m an educator at heart. I’ve discovered that people come to me to enhance their Body but their Mind holds them back and their Spirit suffers. I help people take a Mind-First Approach® to transforming their body, reclaiming their health and becoming a leader in their life. My writing reflects the 3D conditioning experience I provide my clients every day in central New Jersey. If you can’t get your mind on your side, don’t expect your body to look, feel and function the way you want it to. If you have any questions, please email me anytime at email@example.com. If you’re interested in becoming a member but you don’t live close, just know that our most successful clients have never stepped foot in our facility (Skype, FaceTime, phone, etc.) May my writing inspire you to strive to live life in a thriving state! Be well.
Top 10 ways to start losing weight
- Be aware that you’re current strategy is not serving you
- Be fully accountable to all the reasons why you gained weight (it’s not because you’re lazy, a foodie, bored or de-motivated—those are labels and justifications), embrace the whole truth
* Create space and grant yourself permission to feel the painful feelings associated with your current weight—imperative to healing your body (most overlooked facet of losing weight)
- Appreciate that why you gained weight is actually more important than losing it (finding your why is the key to losing it)
- Don’t do more, do less by not continuing to give energy to the problem
- List the 3 biggest stressors in your life and tackle them one by one with the intent to resolve each
- Restore every important relationship in your life even if that means forgiving someone or asking for forgiveness
- Ditch your late night numbing activities and get to bed
- Start finding better ways to nourish your body, mind and spirit
- Don’t exercise; engage joyous recreational activities, calories are far less important than having fun
- Learn to love yourself and eventually you’ll start believing you’re worthy of the efforts it will take to get you there
Notice that “diet and exercise” aren’t even required to lose weight. Moving your body and consuming whole foods are part of a balanced lifestyle but they cannot and will not heal your mind and spirit. Focus on feeling good and looking good will follow.
Question: Can you please share your story with your weight? What have you tried? What’s worked for you? What have you learned? We believe weight gain is a physical manifestation of a spiritual/emotional issue.